Thursday, February 11, 2010

Back in Liberia


While you are coping with al the snow, I've got HOT here in Liberia! In addition, I have had to be in Monrovia, the capital, for work, and its is definitely hotter here than in my home in Ganta.

The United Methodist University is on semester break until March. This gives me time to work on program development and be more a part of the Liberian Nursing and Midwifery Board activities that take place in Monrovia. During the semester, it is too difficult to leave Ganta for all the meetings that take place in Monrovia so this is a nice chance to be involved.

I'm looking forward to the students next semester. There will be a good group of smart, enthusiastic, motivated learners and that makes it exciting to teach.

The Annual Conference of the Liberian United Methodist Church starts next week. It will be nice to attend the meetings and hear what is happening in Methodism in Liberia. I'm sure there will be much singing and worshipping and praising the Lord, also! I'll write more about this next week.

Well, this was my first attempt at blogging...I'm sure I'll become a better at it as I go along. All for now...Blessings - Sue